Tuesday, August 17, 2010

LAST NIGHT IN ENGLAND

Where's the time gone??? This is my last night in England. Tomorrow I start my long journey home.

The last few weeks have been fantastic, but I'm ready to get home to family, friends and Buddy of course. I've packed most of my luggage and am now worried how much excess baggage charges I'm going to have to pay. I'll face that problem tomorrow. Barry is driving me up to Newcastle along with Pat and young Bronte.

I know that I'll be saving so I can return here as soon as I can. I love this country. There's a line in a song or poem about Englánd - 'This green and pleasant land.' Before coming here I used to think - you must be joking. Now I know how true it really is. There's trees, plants and flowers everywhere they can be put - shop fronts, roundabouts, street verges, not just in city centres, but throughout the suburbs.















These photos are of York, one of the main roads in and one of the tourist streets - The Shambles. It's a beautiful city.

Pat and I had a great day shopping at the Metro - I spent too much money of course. These figures are in areas by the Hartlepool Railway station. This is just one of five different settings.
We've since scattered Dave's ashes at three sites - The sea wall, the family garden at the cemetary, and some with Jean's at her daughters home. She was known by them as 'Nana Duck' so they've developed an area for her in the back yard.
I'm glad he's finally home and I now also have another excuse to return to Hartlepool to visit his resting site.
Well, that's all for England. My next blog will be from home.

4 comments:

Chris H said...

I'm so glad Dave is finally home where he belongs... with his family. I hope your trip home safe and uneventful... and you don't have to pay too much for excess baggage! See you bright and early on Thursday morning at the airport!

Unknown said...

I hope you have had a relaxing flight back and not too many bumps. That the drinks kept coming and the food was filling. It has been really great to follow your adventures, and lovely to see the pictures of a land I have yet to visit. You will be able to relax knowing Dave is looking down on everyone he desired to. Even if his grin is cheeky. You have done a brave thing and fulfilled his wishes. Now he would want you to relax, smile and pat yourself on your back.
Lots of Love

Anne said...

Love your descriptions of Englands. How special that you have made that trip:-)

Safe travels.

maryh said...

bet you someone is going to be happy to see you shortly
Mary H