Thursday, June 16, 2011

A PRODUCTIVE DAY

It's been a busy day. Walking with Anne, Sandra and the dogs this morning. Then a drive in to the Animates sale for a new dog bed, coat for Harley and dog food. Total cost just over $150 - but using $100 voucher thank to hotpoints - and I got the free goodie box promised. Lots of snacks, toys and vouchers for dogs, cats & fish. So friends will get to share the fun.


Back home with the goodies, then a walk back into town to go to the library, Briscoes sale for a couple of mugs, pick up a few groceries for Mum and back to Animates for a 'dog door' once I'd shuffled my finances. 20% off yeah. I'm so sick of having to constantly open and close the back door. It will be so cool to relax and let Buddy and Harley sort themselves out.

I shouldn't have got Mum's groceries from Countdown in the Plaza. Colorado's closing down sale is on - 50% off. I was reeled in. There was this big cage stopping me from going any further. No kidding. It was enormous!!! I ended up getting a new pair of ankle boots (my ones are nearing the end of their life) - nothing like Chris H's fantastic purple. Just plain boring black. They had some lovely clothes there - that cage might be dragging me back.


I couldn't handle a walk home so the bus did the honours. My pace count for today is 14,891 (3.5 bonus points) and I'm dead beat.


Isn't it frustrating that when everything seems to be going well something always comes along to ruin it all. I got a call earlier this week from my friend Bonnie. She's the one that loaned me her mobility scooter in 2009 for Mum to use. As it was sitting unused, I arranged the return.


I went over to collect it today only for Mum to admit that, despite it being set up for her, she had 'forgotten' to charge it up lately. You guessed it. Both batteries are knackered and it's going to cost me at least $500 to replace them. I've checked Trade me etc and there's so little cost benefit I may as well use a local supplier. Totally my fault. I should have taken the bloody thing back ages ago.


Oh well, Shit happens eh. I still have two happy dogs and we're all relaxing and building up energy fot tomorrows challenges. Onward......

4 comments:

Anne said...

Hope you've had another good day:-)

Chris H said...

Oh bugger about the batteries!
Hope you have had a good weekend, I have after thinking I wouldn't!

Chris H said...

Blog. about something!

Anonymous said...

How is Harley